Greener Travel Option
Coach travel not only represents a cost efficient form of ground transport, it is also one of the most carbon efficient methods of mass transporting your passengers. With corporations now setting themselves tough environmental targets as part of their overall commitment to corporate social responsibility, smarter choices in transport method and suppliers that provide them has the potential to make a massive impact on an organisation's carbon footprint.
As part of The Kings Ferry Limited, the first international coach operator to become carbon neutral, Connections provides discerning travellers, both corporate hire and private hire, with a carbon neutral transport solution. One of the key benefits Connections provides is access to accurate MI reporting on coach hire usage. Assessing this with MI reports provided by other suppliers within the ground transportation sector can lead to further reductions in the usage of single occupancy car transfers, which in turn provides a reduction in traffic congestion, cost savings and an overall reduction in the carbon produced.
Did you know?
- The average number of people carried in a car is 1.58
- The average number of people carried in a coach is 32
- One coach takes up the space of just three cars yet removes 20 cars from the road reducing congestion
- Coach generates a sixth of the carbon dioxide of air travel
- Coach generates half the carbon dioxide of rail travel
- Coach generates a quarter of the carbon dioxide of car travel